"I don't know if they was his goons, but they sure did like him"

Dave Chappelle has claimed that he was threatened by R.Kelly‘s “goons” after taking aim at the rapper with his infamous ‘Piss on You’ sketch.

The legendary comedian recorded the 2003 skit after Kelly was arrested in 2002 over a sex tape that allegedly saw him urinate on underage girls. The video eventually led to a trial that saw Kelly being acquitted in 2008.

Now, Chappelle has shared his own experiences after the recent Surviving R Kelly documentary saw a series of women level sexual misconduct claims against the star.

During a stand-up set in Hollywood earlier this week, Chappelle claimed that the Chappelle Show skit resulted in him receiving direct threats.

“When that sketch came out, we was in Chicago at a Common show and his goons bust in my room – I don’t know if they was his goons, but they sure did like him,” he said.

Although Chappelle claimed that he never met Kelly, he joked that he’d been directly confronted by the star.

“He said, ‘How you gon’ do a video of me peeing on bitches like that?’ And I said, ‘How you gonna make a video of you pissing on bitches like that?’ My mind’s telling me no. But you know what? My body’s telling me yes.”

Meanwhile,Chance The Rapper and Celine Dion were the latest artists to pull their collaborations with Kelly from streaming sites earlier this week, following on from Lady Gaga the week previous.