Singer also reveals that the next the Good, the Bad & the Queen album is written, but there are no plans for Blur at the moment

Damon Albarn spent much of 2014 touring in support of his first proper solo album Everyday Robots. Next up for the prolific singer: Reigniting two of his most well-known side projects. In a new interview with the Sydney Morning Herald, Albarn revealed that he has his sights set on 2016 to release a new Gorillaz album, the animated band's first disc since their 2011 iPad-recorded LP The Fall.

In addition to the continued adventures of Murdoc and 2D, Albarn is eager to get back into the studio with the Good, the Bad & the Queen, his dub-inflected supergroup co-starring the Clash's Paul Simonon, the Verve's Simon Tong and drummer Tony Allen. According to Albarn, the songs for the follow-up to that band's 2007 self-titled debut have already been written, he just needs to find time to record them.

Albarn is also working on an adaptation of a children's book for a West End musical. However, it seems as though the only project that doesn't appear on Albarn's upcoming schedule is Blur. While Albarn has nothing planned with his Britpop bandmates, the singer hasn't ruled out reuniting with the Parklife crew in the future.

"I would imagine there's some kind of future, but at the moment there's no time for the future – only the present," Albarn told the Sydney Morning Herald, "Who knows? I'm reluctant to say anything [about Blur], because if I do, it just gets taken out of context and then I'm accused of being a wind-up."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...album-20141019