The London-based band will release their long-awaited first record this spring

Crows have signed to Balley Records, the label run by IDLES frontman Joe Talbot, it has been announced.

The London-based band, who formed in 2015, have also confirmed details of their debut album, ‘Silver Tongues’. The record follows the release of two EPs – ‘Unwelcome Light’ and ‘Cold Comfort’ – as well as a handful of singles.

The album will be released on March 22 and will feature the previously released tracks ‘Hang Me High’ and ‘Crawling’, as well as new single ‘Chain Of Being’, which you can listen to below. According to a press release, it was recorded in “near total darkness”.

The full tracklisting is as follows:

‘Silver Tongues’
‘Demeanour’
‘Empyrean’
‘Wednesday’s Child’
‘Hang Me High’
‘Crawling’
‘Chain Of Being’
‘Tired And Failed’
‘First Light / False Face’
‘Dysphoria’

Talbot said of his decision to sign Crows: “I saw them play at the Louisiana in Bristol a few years ago and both the performance and the quality of their songs blew me away. Everything about them excites me; so when I heard they were looking to release an album, I had no choice but to chase them. It’s a dream to work with them.”

The four-piece will support IDLES on their UK and Ireland tour in March and April. You can catch both bands on the following dates:

March 2019

26 – Sheffield, The Leadmill
27 – Cardiff, Tramshed
28 – Norwich, Nick Rayns LCR, UEA
29 – Brighton, Brighton Dome Concert Hall

April 2019

1 – Belfast, Empire Music Hall
2 – Dublin, Vicar Street
3 – Manchester, Albert Hall
4 – London, Electric Ballroom

Meanwhile, IDLES were recently announced as one of the nominees for Best Breakthrough Act at the 2019 BRIT Awards. Talking to NME, Talbot said of the recognition: “It’s a surprise, and something that we won’t take for granted. It’s easy to turn your nose up at the drab pop culture that there is at the moment, but I think it’s magic. I think it’s fucking stunning that we’re being recognised in a vapid chamber.”