Conor Oberst has accepted Joanie Faircloth's recent public apology for accusing the Bright Eyes frontman of rape. "This has been extremely difficult and stressful for me personally and for those I love," Oberst said in a statement. "I'm appreciative of the family, friends, fans and business partners who supported me throughout this and look forward to happier times as we all move forward with our lives."

In December, Faircloth had posted comments to an XOJane story in which she said Oberst had taken advantage of her fandom. Oberst filed a libel lawsuit against her the following February and told the press that her claims were "absolutely, unequivocally false." Oberst said that he had no physical contact with Faircloth at the Durham, North Carolina, show she claimed was the where the assault took place.

Recently, Faircloth issued a notarized statement recanting her claims and apologizing to Oberst. "The statements I made and repeated online and elsewhere over the past six months accusing Conor Oberst of raping me are 100 percent false," she wrote. "I made up those lies about him to get attention while I was going through a difficult period in my life and trying to cope with my son's illness."

Oberst, who recently put out a new solo album, Upside Down Mountain, is currently on tour in Europe. He heralded the record with the country-tinged single "Hundreds of Ways" in February, about a week before he filed his libel suit.

The future of Oberst's libel suit is not immediately clear.