89650.jpg

Ciara believes that 'giving up is not an option'.

The 29-year-old singer released her latest album, Jackie, earlier this month. While she is busy promoting her record, she is also juggling being a mother to one-year-old son Future. However the star wouldn't have it any other way.

"I'm learning as I go," she told USA Today. 'Every decision is that much more important to get right because it can affect my son, down to my business decisions. It starts with me and how I run my world. I have that extra fire underneath my butt to push myself. Giving up is not an option."

As well as her new album, the Love, Sex and Magic singer is also taking part in American TV show, I Can Do That. The six-part series sees Ciara and other celebrities including Joe Jonas and Nicole Scherzinger learn and perform new acts and for the star, it's just another way for her to develop as an individual.

'In our world, as artists, the only time I'm allowed to express myself is through song," she explained. "I thought it would be really fun to challenge myself and to allow my fans to see another side of me. I face challenges like they do. I used to always be very private and in this new phase of my life, I want more. I want to grow. Why not try something out of your comfort zone?"

Thankfully little Future, who she had with ex-fiance and rapper, Future, makes her life as a working mother a lot easier.

'He goes everywhere with me," she smiled. "It just works out. He's very easy. He's a super-easy baby."