Chvrches have announced details of a special Christmas charity gig to take place in December.

The Scottish trio, who released their debut album 'The Bones Of What You Believe' earlier this year, will play at Glasgow's SWG3 on December 21. The show, which is being put on by the feminist collective TYCI set up by singer Lauren Mayberry, will feature supporting DJ sets from Pretty Ugly and Sons And Daughters' Adele Bethel. Proceeds from the event will go to the charity The AT Society – for more information, see Tyci.org.uk.

Chvrches are interviewed in this week's issue of NME, which is available digitally and on newsstands now. Speaking about TYCI, Mayberry said: "The title comes from the phrase 'tuck your cunt in'. It's like the female equivalent of 'man up'. It's so good when someone's freaking out, you can be like, 'Hey, you tuck your cunt in and get on with this.'

"I set it up because I felt like, as a woman in a band, there wasn't a support network for me," she added. "Not like I needed support specifically, but I wanted to create an environment where that's celebrated."

Chvrches are set to tour the UK in March next year. They will play:

Dublin Academy (March 5, 2014)
Newcastle Academy (March 7)
Glasgow Barrowland (March 8)
Leeds Met Uni (March 9)
Birmingham Institute (March 10)
Cambridge Junction (March 12)
Cardiff Uni Solus (March 13)
London Forum (March 14)