Chris Brown has a pair of new albums headed to retail later this year.

Although the troubled singer spent some time in rehab to deal with his anger issues, apparently this didn’t stop the guy from recording an incredible amount of music in recent months. Instead of releasing just one album, Brown revealed that he intends to drop no less than two collections on the masses this year.

Chris Brown recently made the big announcement on his official Twitter feed.

X album, Fan of a Fan ( the album) this SUMMER!!!!

— Chris Brown (@chrisbrown) January 26, 2014

Fans of the singer have been waiting patiently for the arrival of some new music since last year. X was originally slated to drop during 2013, though it was ultimately pushed back. Now it appears that folks have two albums looming on the musical horizon at the moment. However, it’s unclear when the new tunes will arrive on shelves.

Brown said of his latest endeavors:

“This album has a lot of substance, from the subject matter and the situations to how it deals with love. It’s really derived from personal experiences. Then again, I always like mixing reality with art. I tried to stay away from the Euro beats, and not go totally pop. Instead, I wanted to take the Quincy Jones approach. The record pays homage to the Stevie Wonders, the Michael Jacksons, the Sam Cookes: I wanted to put that classic essence of R&B and soul with the new age of music now.”

According to Singersroom, Fan of a Fan finds Chris Brown teaming up with Tyga. The pair previously joined forces for the tracks “Deuces,” “No Bulls***,” and “Ballin.”

It’s definitely been a very odd few months for Chris Brown. In addition to his stint in rehab and the alleged assault that took place in Washington D.C., the singer had to contend with a string of peculiar rumors regarding his personal life.

One report from the folks at Hollywood Life suggested that Brown sent a letter to ex-girlfriend Rihanna to apologize for all the trouble he caused her over the years. According to the gossip website, the “Diamonds” singer rejected his apology by literally setting fire to the emotional communication in question.

“As they smoked, Rihanna pulled out this fake a** letter. She put it in the middle of the bed on top of a big candle-holder, and put her burnt ashes on it. They all started to put ashes on that letter until it burned. Rihanna said, ‘good riddance’, and continued to entertain her guests,” the anonymous source dished.