Charlie Puth has apologised after slamming Justin Bieber in a foul-mouthed outburst during his concert in Dallas, Texas, on Friday (11Mar16).
Following a rendition of his track We Don't Talk Anymore, which features Justin's ex Selena Gomez on vocals, Charlie shouted, "F**k you, Justin Bieber," to a shocked audience.
Now, the See You Again hitmaker has tried to make amends by posting a lengthy apology message on Twitter.com. However, he later deleted the tweets.
"I am a massive @JustinBieber fan and I have nothing but great things to say about him and his music always,” Charlie reportedly wrote in a series of messages on Saturday (12Mar16). "Please find it in your heart to forgive me and know that this is coming from a real place. I am not a mean person.
"I am very sorry if I offended anyone, and mostly to Justin. His work is inspiring. I would never intentionally or publicly bash him. I was bullied where things like this were said to me all the time, pretty much all of my life until the end of high school."
HollywoodLife.com also report that Charlie wrote a lengthier apology that he posted later on the social media site, which read: "Hi everyone. I wanted to clear something up. I tweeted this early this morning, but I thought it would be much more effective if I wrote this in one cohesive note rather than a series of tweets.
"What I said at the concert about Justin last night was meant to be lighthearted, and sounded so in my mind at the time, but of course hearing it now it sounded mean and uncalled for, which it was.
"My goal in life as a person and as an artists is to never exchange hateful vernacular between other artists, or anyone for that matter. The thematic and lyrical element that lies in the song I wrote entitled ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ hits very close to home for me and I let my emotions get the best of me last night mid song.
"I hope his fans can accept my apology and realize that people do make mistakes and that I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t make any. I deeply apologize for my words (sic)."
Both apologies have now been deleted, and no mention of the outburst is featured on his Twitter feed. Charlie, who performed See You Again at the Kids' Choice Awards on Saturday with Wiz Khalifa, later thanked his fans after he won the Favourite Collaboration honour for the song.
"WOW! Thank you Kid's Choice. What an honor (sic)! Thank you," he wrote. "It's crazy that I grew up watching The Kids Choice Awards eating pizza on my couch and now I just played on it with Wiz."