"I saved a persons by myself on Easter Sunday".

Chance The Rapper has revealed how he saved a man’s life in 2018 after pulling him from a burning car.

The ‘Colouring Book’ star revealed the heroic act on New Year’s Eve, as he rounded up some of his most memorable moments from 2018.

“Ay so I never told this to the world but my friends can merch. I saved a persons by myself on Easter Sunday this year omw to church,” the rapper explained on Instagram.

“Basically I was driving to church dolo, about to go south on lakeshore [drive] and another car drives into the wall in front of me goin like 90 mph comin off the exit.

“I was the only person out there when it first happened and his car was on fire so I had to break his window take off his seatbelt let his seat back and pull a whole grown man out the car unconscious.”

He added: “I was only by myself at first, then two older men helped me pull folks out the front after I got the doors open. But def was getting that ‘am I getting punk’d’ at first.”

Although he was initially left in the dark about the man’s fate, Chance says that the man’s nephew subsequently contacted him on Instagram to confirm that he had survived the horrific ordeal.

“A kid DM’d me saying it was his uncle and that he lived!!,” he subsequently added.

Meanwhile, Chance spent a large portion of 2018 working on a joint album with Kanye West. However, a release date is yet to emerge for the project.