His first new material since the summer

Chance The Rapper has surprise-released two new tracks on his Soundcloud, the MC’s first new material since July.

The first track, ‘The Man Who Has Everything’, finds Chance at his most reflective, while ‘My Own Thing’, which features fellow Chicago rapper Joey Purp, is contrastingly joyous.

Chance last released new material in the form of four new songs, ‘Work Out’, ‘Wala Caa’, ‘I Might Need Security’, and ’65th and Ingleside’, in July.

The artwork for the new tracks notably share the same style as those earlier releases.

The Chicago MC’s last album was 2016’s well-received ‘Coloring Book’. He has yet to indicate whether his new material will form part of its follow up.

In the summer, he was spotted in the studio with Kanye West, with the two apparently working on a ‘joint album’.

In September, Kanye and Chance spoke at a high school in Chicago, and revealed that the record is to be titled ‘Good Ass Job’, although a month later Chance admitted that work had actually yet to begin.

Meanwhile, Chance The Rapper was announced as one of the three judges for Netflix’s new hip hop talent show ‘Rhythm + Flow’, alongside Cardi B and T.I..

He’s also is teaming up with MGM on a new musical film inspired by his home city of Chicago.

The film is to be named ‘Hope’, and will feature music by Nico Segal. Chance and Segal have previously worked together on 2015 album ‘Surf’ by The Social Experiment.