'Chance 4' is officially on the way

Chance The Rapper has confirmed that his next album is due to be released in July.

The Chicago rapper is currently working on the follow-up to his last solo project ‘Coloring Book’, which came out back in May 2016. That record, which was his third full-length solo release, saw Chance collaborate with the likes of Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Young Thug, and ‘Coloring Book’ later went on to pick up Best Rap Album at the 2017 Grammys.

Chance responded to long-standing fan requests about his next solo project in an Instagram video which was posted last night (February 11).

After reeling off a select number of the various activities that he has lined up for this year – including his continued backing of Chicago mayoral candidate Amara Enyia and his upcoming marriage – Chance revealed that he’d also been making music recently.

“I been making music, and it’s funny when people @ me in my comments like, ‘Yo, where’s the music at? We need an album now,'” he said.

“You gonna get that shit when I’m ready,” he concluded with a smile, before captioning the post ‘Jooly’ with two suggestive eye emojis.

Chance’s manager, Pat Corcoran, later confirmed that fans can expect a brand new album from the rapper in July.

The timing of the announcement came ahead of this morning’s news that Chance will headline this year’s Lovebox Festival in London.

Sharing the top of the bill with Solange, Chance will play at the Gunnersbury Park-based festival on July 13.