Chance The Rapper to Achieve 'Life Long Goal' By Hosting & Performing on Pre-Halloween 'SNL'

Prince Williams/Wireimage
Chance the Rapper celebrates his birthday at Allure on April 16, 2019 in Atlanta.
Chance The Rapper will put his comedy chops to work once again when he makes his return to Saturday Night Live, and just in time for a spooky, scary holiday.

The group of musicians who've tackled both musical guest and hosting duties on SNL is an exclusive one, and Chance will join it on Oct. 26 when he heads back to Studio 8H to deliver the opening monologue, act in various sketches and rap.

Saturday Night Live - SNL

@nbcsnl
‼️ @Chancetherapper ‼️
‼️ October 26th ‼️

View image on Twitter
11:23 AM - Oct 13, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
606 people are talking about this
Chance took up the hosting mantle once before: in 2017 he hosted the show, though Eminem was that evening's musical guest. He's over the moon about achieving this "LIFE-LONG GOAL" of hosting, and shared his joy with his Instagram followers on Sunday (Oct. 13).

"SINCE I WAS A SHORTY I WANTED TO JOIN THE SHORT LIST OF TALENTS WHO PULLED #DOUBLEDUTY AT @nbcsnl NOW I WILL BE THE 27TH PERSON ACROSS 45 SEASONS TO HOLD THIS HONOR!" he writes. He then thanked Lorne Michaels and everyone at Studio 8H, along with "DONALD GLOVER AND DRAKE WHO CAME BEFORE ME AND MC HAMMER WHO HELPED ME REALIZE THIS DREAM AS A CHILD!!"

SNL's latest booking is the latest massive musical name to hit the show: Camila Cabello wowed audiences with her Marie Antoinette (and Madonna)-channeling performance on Oct. 12, and Taylor Swift performed "False God" for the first time on Oct. 5.