"Of course, it's going to be an album in 2019."

Cardi B has teased details of a new album in 2019 – and it seems like it could arriver sooner than expected.

The ‘I Like It’ rapper says that she’s hoping a new record will arrive at the same time of year that her debut ‘Invasion of Privacy’ did in 2018 – which means we could be anticipating an April release.

The exciting update came as Cardi took to Instagram live on New Year’s Day to face a grilling from her fans.

When asked about the progress of the new record, she said: “Of course, it’s going to be an album in 2019.

“Hopefully, I can get my album done around the same time that Invasion of Privacy came out.

“I don’t know how possible that’s going to be because I feel like I’m going to be extremely, extremely busy.”

However, it’s expected that a deluxe version of ‘Invasion of Privacy’ will arrive later this year, which could potentially slow down the arrival of a new record.

Meanwhile, it was reported last month that Cardi B had turned down the prospect of a Super Bowl performance in order to stand in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick.

“The rumour circulating that she wants a million dollars and she wants her own set is false,” a representative for the rapper said.

“There was never a firm offer to begin with for a performance. There [were] talks about it, but she was not particularly interested in participating because of how she feels about Colin Kaepernick and the whole movement.”