She's blaming it on a former employee...

Cardi B has spoken out to deny that she was responsible for posting a transphobic meme on her Facebook page.

The post was shared on Facebook last week and featured a cartoon that included the offensive slur “Tranny”.

Responding to the post on Twitter, she claimed that her account had been compromised by a former employee.

“It’s come to my attention that there have been offensive posts made on what used to be my Facebook page”, she wrote.

“For the past year and a half a FORMER team member has been the only one with access to the account.”

But her response drew scepticism from some fans, who pointed out that she was previously filmed using the slur.

“Like I didn’t know that was a word that you cannot use, especially because my trans friends use it and growing up, my parents never told me that that was a bad word,” she said in a live Twitter video from earlier this year.

“You know, there’s bad words that your parents teach you that you’re not supposed to say. Nobody taught us that. Nobody taught us that in our school.”

She was also previously forced to defend husband Offset, who has previously faced accusations of homophobia.

The Migos rapper was criticised for lyrics which featured in his YFN Lucci collaboration, ‘Boss Life’. The track saw Offset rap the lines: “60K solitaire / I do not vibe with queers / I got the heart of a bear / I bust ‘em down by the pair”.

In response, Cardi B said: “I’m not gonna let somebody call him homophobic when I know that he’s not.

“I’m saying this because I see him around gays, and he treats them with the same respect he treats everybody. He never acts uncomfortable, and he just don’t care.”