Britney Spears has caused controversy on the video set of her new single 'Perfume'.

The pop star was seen brandishing a gun moments after wearing a Virginia Tech hoodie, reports the Huffington Post. In 2007 Virginia Tech university was the site of the deadliest shooting incident by a lone gunman in the history of America - 32 people were killed and 17 were injured.

The video was being shot in Palmdale, California, and on set Spears was pictured pointing a gun at a man in a car after spending time between takes in the sweater, which apparently belonged to her boyfriend David Lucado.

Britney Spears's new album 'Britney Jean' will be released on December 3. It is her eighth album and the follow-up to 2011's 'Femme Fatale'. William Orbit recently discussed his work on the record and the singer's Las Vegas residency. "I've done one song for the new album, called 'Alien', which is really good," said Orbit. "I'll be in Vegas, seeing the show. I've become a huge fan of hers, actually. I always liked her, but when I started to dig into her repertoire – and there's masses of it – I became a superfan, really. You'll find me in the audience singing along."

Meanwhile, a new musical will tell the story of Jesus Christ using the songs of Spears. Spears The Musical: The Gospel According To Britney is currently being developed for the stage. The production will give an account of the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus by using Spears hits such as 'Stronger', '...Baby One More Time' and '(You Drive Me) Crazy'.