A phone number leads to spiritual advice and distorted music

Bring Me The Horizon appear to be teasing new music after a mysterious billboard appeared in central London.

The Sheffield band last released an album with 2015’s ‘That’s The Spirit‘. The record charted at Number Two in the Official UK Albums Chart after a chart battle with Stereophonics.

Now, a billboard in central London, which features symbols previously used by BMTH, hints the group might be about to return. “Do you wanna start a cult with me?” the advertising board reads, alongside a phone number that connects callers to a woman called Samantha who hurriedly tells you: “They’re making me do this. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into.”

After a distorted clip of music plays, the line goes dead.

A website also offers more clues that the band could be set to release new music soon. Joinmantra.org offers “an invitation to salvation” and says “man can save his soul.”

“There are those who will say that only after a lifetime of sacrifice and good doing can the soul be free – that God demands conditions in the freedom and that some have the power of making mankind slaves,” the site reads.

It goes on to suggest “salvation will return” on August 21. It adds: “But these things too have answers. And all we tell you now is that you can be free. But first, we must piss you off.”

Earlier this year, it was revealed a study found fans of Bring Me The Horizon and The Smiths were among the “most neurotic.”

A 2015 study, conducted by Stanford University and Cambridge University’s Psychometrics Centre, looked at the interests of Facebook users, via pages they had “liked”, and answers from a 100-question quiz app called myPersonality, which scored a person’s openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism.