"Britain you're great, but together we're greater"

A new Dutch boyband has been formed with the intention of preventing Brexit through their music.

Launching with the single ‘Britain Come Back’, Breunion Boys are a five-piece formed by Dutch animation artist Julia Veldma as a “final, desperate, ultimate attempt” to stop Britain from parting with the European Union in March.

“I cannot believe this is the end,” they pine on the song’s opening lines. “I still feel your love inside me. I still sing your words. I make a wish as your star falls.”

They continue: “Oh your voice paints my heart, your mirage fades away. Your choice turns my spine grey. There’s always been a sea between us, we used to sail it together – but you’re leaving, now we’re falling apart. Britain come back to us, it’s not too late to turn around.”

The band concludes: “Britain you’re great, but together we’re greater.”

“I cried, I really cried my heart out. It was so unexpected and overwhelming and it made me feel powerless,” Veldman told Reuters. “I thought, what else will work better than the voice of Take That, or a boy band — the best thing Britain ever gave to us — to convince them to take us back?”

Band member Joshua Alagbe added: “Look how angry many Brits are towards the EU and how many Europeans are angry towards Britain for leaving.

“I think this emotion should be answered. We are kind of an answer to the emotion.”

The band are planning to embark on a tour of UK pubs in order to spread their message.

This week, the body UK Music urged the Government to listen to calls of concern from the industry regarding new proposals to limit immigration.

UK Music CEO Michael Dugher has now responded by warning the Government not to jeopardise the UK’s world-leading music industry.

“The UK music industry contributes £4.5bn to the economy, with live music alone contributing around £1bn,” Dugher says.

“As we’ve made repeatedly clear, a crude salaries and skills approach to freedom to work post-Brexit just doesn’t work for so many artists and musicians. We risk limiting the ability for European musicians to play in our world-leading festivals, venues and studios.”

Dugher argues that “if this approach is reciprocated by the EU and there is no visa waiver in place, we risk making it very hard, if not impossible, for so many UK artists to tour in EU.

“This is how they build an audience and frankly make any kind of living from music.”

He adds: “It is frustrating in the extreme that there are still some people in government who have their fingers in their ears. This is utterly clueless. It’s vital that we don’t pull the rug from under Britain’s world-leading music industry.”

Meanwhile, Damon Albarn was among the names to back a ‘forum led by the public, not politicians’ to solve the Brexit deadlock.