Breaking Bad actor RJ Mitte has said he is planning to start a music career.

The actor, who played the role of Walt Jr in the hit US series, spoke to Digital Spy at the MTV EMAs on Sunday (November 10). As well as discussing his next acting role, Mitte revealed his passion for music and the steps he is taking toward making his way in the industry.

"I'm working on it right now – we'll see what happens," he said on the red carpet at Amsterdam's Ziggo Dome. "I'm learning guitar, I'm learning piano. I have a bit of an issue as I only have one good hand and one good ear, but I'm slowly getting over it one day at a time. We'll see what happens. I love music. My house is constantly filled with music – from vinyl to the thousands and thousands of songs on my hard drive."

Mitte, who has cerebral palsy, also revealed that he will not have a role in the upcoming Breaking Bad spin off show, Better Call Saul. "The spin-off is going to a prequel to the show, so it will be before my time," he says. "I'm working on a show at the moment called Switched At Birth. It's really good. I've had a lot of support from the disabled community and I'm so happy to be involved with it."

Breaking Bad aired its final episode on September 29. The show's finale was watched by a record 10.3 million viewers in the USA. UK viewers were able to watch the show on Netflix after it aired in the US.