89705.jpg

Brandy Norwood is a self-proclaimed 'gadget girl'.

The 36-year-old singer-and-actress is currently starring as Roxie Hart in the new production of Chicago on Broadway.

And while she's in New York City, the star is staying connected to loved ones in other parts the world through some of her favourite technology.

'I'm a gadget girl! I cannot live without my iPad and iPhone 6,' she gushed to Us Weekly magazine about what's in her bag. 'I play soft music on the rides to the theatre, so I have my Beats by Dre tiny earbuds too.'

Brandy also enjoys jotting down whatever fresh ideas come to mind while she's out and about.

So a portable notebook is an item she's rarely seen without.

'I have a journal that was given to me by my best friend. I journal every day,' she shared. 'Three long, long pages of my thoughts. I've been doing it on and off for years.'

Brandy is an advocate of healing mind, body and soul through meditation.

And the former Moesha star reads up on the topic whenever she has the chance.

'Right now, my favourite book is The Power of Your Subconscious Mind. I love to learn about my brain and how to think positive. Spiritual food: You need it!' Brandy said.

After the musical is over, Brandy plans to hit the studio to record new music. In 2016 she'll also return to the small screen as a cosmetics guru in BET network sitcom Zoe Moon.