"I could see the end of the year having something"

The Killers frontman Brandon Flowers has teased when fans can expect a new record from the Las Vegas rockers.

When asked about a sixth album during an appearance on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show, he explained how a sixth record could arrive as soon as the end of 2019.

“In a perfect world, I could see the end of the year having something, but I think it’s probably, it’s looking more likely that it would be early 2020,” he explained.

The update on the new record comes after drummer Ronnie Vanucci Jr told NME that the band were considering the possibility of a jazz or synth-led record.

“I’m constantly messing around with things and I see a lot online with people who are working with experimental sounds – with either electronic synthesisers and things like that or even a straight-out jazz record,” explained Vanucci in 2018.

“There’s a lot of great stuff going on underneath our feet and maybe the pop world will finally catch up to it 20 or 30 years later. I’d like to sort of tap into it a little bit,” he added.

“I don’t want to totally lose anybody but there’s still a lot to be discovered and I think keeping with the tradition of always trying something new with a record might be something for us to look into.”

Although the band are yet to release a follow up to 2017’s ‘Wonderful Wonderful’, they returned earlier this week with ‘Land Of The Free’, a huge anti-Trump anthem accompanied by a Spike Lee directed video.