Country star Brad Paisley has become one of Demi Lovato's biggest fans, insisting her vocal talent is "otherworldly".
The singers have teamed up for new duet Without a Fight, from Brad's upcoming album, which was released online on Friday (13May16).
The song details a relationship bust-up, and Brad insists he knew Demi would be perfect for the tune after meeting her at the iHeartRadio Music Awards in April (16), when he joined her onstage as she performed her emotionally-charged Stone Cold.
"For me I wanted (Without a Fight) to have that feeling of angst in a relationship," he told Taste of Country Nights radio host Sam Alex. "Everybody goes through a period where you're fighting a lot, I think. Sometimes that can be a good thing for your relationship. That conflict can lead to making up."
He continued, "By the time the song leads to this loud ending... it needed to be the right female voice."
Brad goes on to hail Demi as "otherworldly", joking, "I think she can hit notes that we can't hear! It's hard to have character when you can sing that high. But she does."
And the country veteran is convinced the 23-year-old's career is only going to continue to soar, telling iHeartRadio, "Working with Demi is quite amazing. I mean, we're talking about a singer that I really believe has no limit to the notes she can hit... It's a real honour for me. I think she has just taken the music industry by storm, and she is an artist that is just getting started."
Brad is also hopeful the duet will inspire the Texas native to go a little country again for her next album: "That's what's really fun about this, is being a part of something that I think is her first foray into country. She's from Dallas, and I have a feeling she's probably here to stay. She will probably do more things in my format."