"I am both hurt and angered over the disturbing and false allegations"

Singer-songwriter BØRNS has responded to online accusations of sexual misconduct and predatory behaviour with a statement on social media.

BØRNS – real name Garrett Clark Borns – posted a statement on Instagram in response to the accusations from multiple women.

He wrote: “I am both hurt and angered over the disturbing and false allegations that have been spread over the past few days on social media. All of the relationships I have had were legal and consensual. They ended abruptly and that obviously caused hurt feelings, but for anyone to suggest anything beyond that is irresponsible.”

A Twitter account called @exposing_borns has been tracking and sharing the accusations made by various women against BØRNS.

The women describe various distressing situations, Twitter user @kaliforxnia posted a statement calling BØRNS a “manipulator” and “user.”

“I was expecting a bar but ended up at his place,” she wrote.

“Once everything happened I went to the bathroom and started bleeding. I was completely shocked from the blood and started to get it together and realized what just happened. I blamed myself for that night because I didn’t say no even though I was intoxicated.”

Another claim was allegedly made by a 19-year-old named Mathilda on September 22. She claimed that she and Borns started chatting online, after she reached out as a fan. “He never wanted to get to [sic] deep or personal. Only asking for nudes. If I didn’t send any, he ghosted me for days,” she said. “I did not like the way he wanted to have sex wit [sic] me. Very uncomfortable.”

“I got very attached and he knew that,” she said. “I was just a little puppet in his game.”