The gig would coincide with the 25th anniversary of the band's debut album

Bookies have slashed the odds of Oasis reuniting for a special gig at Slane castle as it would coincide with the 25th anniversary of their debut album ‘Definitely Maybe’.

The band were reportedly offered a lucrative sum to reunite for a massive show at the Dublin venue and Irish promoters MCD later confirmed that a deal was tabled for their return.

The group played at the iconic venue in 2009, shortly before their acrimonious end at Rock En Seine in Paris.

“We promote Liam, and we promote Noel. Liam has always said someday they will [reform]”, MCD boss Denis Desmond told Extra.IE. “They’ve played Slane with R.E.M., there’s always an offer on the table, and they know it. It goes up every week. And they know that as well.”

Now bookies have slashed the odds on the reunion. “A Summer 2019 gig at Slane would coincide with the 25 anniversary of the release of the first Oasis album but given the sibling rivalry in recent years, it’s only a Definite Maybe at this stage at 5/1,” a Boylesports spokesperson said. “We actually have them at half that price to headline in 2020 and the punters seem to believe that is a more realistic timescale for a thawing in relations.”

Noel Gallagher previously revealed he’d reform Oasis for the princely sum of £20 million. “For 20 million quid, one gig — that is good money isn’t it?”, he previously told the Daily Star. “But I have never had that offer from anyone yet.”

Liam, meanwhile, has previously pleaded with Noel to reform the band.

“Earth to Noel listen up rkid I hear your doing gigs where people can’t drink alcohol now that’s the BeZarist thing you’ve done yet,” Liam wrote on Twitter earlier this year.

“I forgive you now let’s get the BIG O back together and stop fucking about the drinks are on me LG x”

Meanwhile, Noel Gallagher recently confirmed that he hopes to start work on his next solo album in January, while Liam has announced an intimate gig at London’s Union Chapel while he completes work on his second solo album.