He performed with contemporary dance company, TU Dance.

Bon Iver debuted new music last night (24 March) at a special collaborative show with contemporary dance company, TU Dance.

The sold out show – at the Massachussetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MoCA) – saw Justin Vernon perform a work-in-progress score alongside the dance company, which will be performed again today (25 March) during a matinee show, before officially premiering on 19 April in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

‘Don’t worry about the visuals, they were nothing special (at best), but new Bon Iver sounded tremendous tonight!’ wrote Twitter user @AnEarful, who posted a clip of the performance.

‘Some of his boldest, most passionate, yet accessible music. Stunning singing, including a Leon Russell cover for the ages.’

“I feel so inspired in collaborating with [TU Dance’s choreographer] Uri [Sands] on new work,” Vernon had previously said.

“I know that the experience will be both positively challenging and extremely rewarding for all involved.”

He previously performed a more mellow version of one of the songs at a show at The National Theatre in Richmond, California, last December.

“It’s new and it’s not even quite done, but I just want to play it for y’all,” he said, to introduce the track.

Back in February, the singer performed a previously unheard song from the ‘For Emma, Forever Ago’ sessions.

‘Hayward, MI’ never made the final cut for the album, despite being written around the same time.

The musician’s debut album turned ten last year, with Bon Iver performing a special “smoke-free” show in Michigan in support of the record’s anniversary, and to celebrate its vinyl repress.