Bobby Womack is to collaborate with Snoop Dogg, Stevie Wonder and Rod Stewart on his new album, reports Okayplayer.

The soul singer released his last album, 'The Bravest Man In The Universe', in 2012, on which he worked with XL label boss Richard Russell and Damon Albarn. Despite struggling with cancer and Alzheimer's since its release, he has continued to write, record and tour, including playing a slot at Glastonbury earlier this summer.

Speaking out the new record, which will be his 28th studio album, Womack said: "I told Damon and Richard that whenever they're available to record I will make myself available but I was already working on a new album. I have Stevie Wonder on it, I have Rod Stewart, Levert, Snoop Dogg is on it, this lady from Motown – now what was her name?"

He continued: "I have a lot of songs where you hear Stevie Wonder singing the song and you hear me on the same song, so you really get the style, because I think that’s important. You don’t get that style anymore. Like Sam Cooke and Ray Charles."

Womack also revealed that he features on the forthcoming new album by rapper Rick Ross but didn't know who he was before they worked together. "It was great because with his tracks, it wasn’t even like trying something new, he really brought something close to some of my old records," he said of recording with Ross. "He reached back to something he felt from my records and it was great. I was very surprised with that because it’s embarrassing sometimes, you know, when I have to ask my son 'who’s Rick Ross?' and he’s like, 'Daddy he’s one of the hottest rappers out here.'"

Bobby Womack plays the following dates:

Liverpool Philharmonic Hall (January 26)
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (27)