"Where the acoustic and digital will shake hands"

Björk has announced details of her “most elaborate stage concert yet”.

The Icelandic icon has been confirmed to present new live show ‘Cornucopia’ in Spring 2019 to launch new New York arts venue The Shed.

“I am very excited to announce that I will be part of The Shed opening season in Manhattan next spring,” she wrote on Instagram. “This winter, I will prepare my most elaborate stage concert yet, where the acoustic and digital will shake hands, encouraged by a bespoke team of collaborators.”

The artist will be joined by seven-piece female Icelandic flute ensemble Viibra, a harpist and a percussionist, and it is also said that this production, directed by Broadway’s John Tiffany, will mark Björk’s first ever live show created with theatrical collaborators.

Dates and ticket details will be announced shortly, as well as when the show is likely to visit other world locations.

Following the release of her acclaimed 2017 album ‘Utopia‘, Björk embarked on an ambitious and extensive tour – including a stunning headline set at London’s inaugural All Points East Festival in summer 2018.

Earlier this month, it was announced that the feature-film in which Björk made her on-screen debut is to get a re-release.

The Juniper Tree, which was directed by Nietzchka Keene and released in 1990, was based on a Brothers Grimm fairy tale of the same name. When Björk appeared in the movie, she was just 24-years-old and her appearance pre-dated her 1993 breakthrough album, ‘Debut’.

The film is set to be released in cinemas next spring ahead of an eventual digital release. The restoration re-release project will premiere at the AFI Fest on November 10.