Beyonce was apparently 'banned' from visiting the pyramids on a recent trip to Egypt.

Archaeologist Zahi Hawass was set to take the singer on a tour of the ancient site, but refused to after she was rude to him, "banishing" her from the pyramids, reports The Independent.

"Most people I take on tours are very nice and we become friends. But this lady…" said Hawass. "She said she would come at 3pm but she came late. I said, 'You have to say, I'm sorry I'm late'. But she didn't open her mouth."

He continued: "I brought a photographer and she also had a photographer and a guard. When my photographer started to shoot, he said 'No, Stop! I am the one who says yes or no, not you.' I said 'In that case since you almost hit my photographer and you are not polite - out! I am not giving you the privilege of having you on my tour.' I said Beyoncé was stupid and I left."

Meanwhile, Beyonce recently aired a new song 'God Made You Beautiful', which was given away to fans pre-ordering her Life Is But A Dream documentary, which came out earlier this week. Yet there is still no release date for a full album from the former Destiny's Child member. Beyoncé's last solo album, '4', was released in 2011. Back in June, R&B singer Ne-Yo, who has also worked on Beyoncé's new material, said that fans will have to be "patient" for the album to arrive as the singer was still "trying to figure out" what they want from the record.

Pharrell Williams recently said that he's working on Beyoncé's new album and that it is almost finished. The producer and Daft Punk collaborator says the singer's new material is "crazy" but added that she won't put out any music until she is absolutely happy with it.

Beyoncé unveiled a handful of new songs this year, including the track 'Grown Woman', which was premiered via a Pepsi advert show during the half-time show of this year's Super Bowl, and 'Standing On The Sun', which she played in full for the first time at a gig in Belgium.