AVICII said he would die young in a haunting confession in his True Stories documentary.

The DJ and music producer — real name Tim Bergling — passed away suddenly in Oman last week aged just 28.

Following the sad news of his death, the documentary, which followed his rise to fame, has been shared multiple times by his fans online.

The film, which was released in October last year, showed Avicii telling the cameras he had to stop performing for his health, The Sun reports.

After being diagnosed with acute pancreatitis aged 21 after he abused alcohol Avicii was taken to hospital again in 2014 to have his gallbladder and appendix removed.

It was after this that the star, who performed at 813 gigs between 2008 and 2016, decided he had to stop touring and performing live.

He said in the documentary, which was filmed over four years up until 2016: “I have told them this. I won’t be able to play anymore.

“I have said, like, I’m going to die. I have said it so many times. And so I don’t want to hear that I should entertain the thought of doing another gig.”

The film also showed Avicii telling his management he was suffering from anxiety when thinking about his final live performance.

He explained to the documentary’s director Levan Tsikurishvili on camera: “When I decided to stop, I expected something completely different.

“I expected support, particularly considering everything I have been through.

“I have been very open with everyone I work with, and everyone who knows me.

“Everyone knows that I’ve had anxiety and that I have tried. I did not expect that people would try to pressure me into doing more gigs.

“They have seen how ill I have felt by doing it, but I had a lot of push-back when I wanted to stop doing gigs.”