The EDM star passed away earlier this year at the age of 28

Avicii‘s $25million fortune is set to be inherited by his parents, it has been confirmed.

The EDM star, real name Tim Bergling, died by apparent suicide on April 20 after his body was found in a hotel room in Oman. He was just 28-years-old.

Working to keep his memory alive, his parents turned the late DJ’s website into a digital memorial where fans can share their stories of what Avicii meant to them.

Bergling did not leave a will, but now Billboard confirms that his parents will inherit his wealth and estate – which is said to be worth upwards of $25million. The LA Times reports that his Los Angeles home was sold off-market for $17.5million.

As a humanitarian, Avicii founded House For Hunger in 2011 – which he donated millions to just before his death.

“I discovered when I started making money that I didn’t really need it,” he said of his charitable efforts. “When you have such an excess of money you don’t need, the most sensible, most human and completely obvious thing is to give to people in need.”

“Tim created music that brought people together with timeless memories from all over the world,” wrote his parents on his website. “We created this space so you could share your memories with us and let the world know what Avicii meant to you. His music and your memories are forever.”

Speaking shortly after his death, Avicii’s family shared a heartfelt message about his passing.

“Our beloved Tim was a seeker, a fragile artistic soul searching for answers to existential questions,” they said. “An over-achieving perfectionist who travelled and worked hard at a pace that led to extreme stress. When he stopped touring, he wanted to find a balance in life to be happy and be able to do what he loved most – music. He really struggled with thoughts about Meaning, Life, Happiness. He could not go on any longer.

“He wanted to find peace. Tim was not made for the business machine he found himself in; he was a sensitive guy who loved his fans but shunned the spotlight. Tim, you will forever be loved and sadly missed. The person you were and your music will keep your memory alive.”

Last month, hundreds of fans gathered in Stockholm at a memorial service for Avicii.