Here's to you, Mr Garfunkel

Art Garfunkel has announced details of a UK tour for Spring 2019. Full dates and ticket details are below.

While Garfunkel hasn’t released a solo album since 2007’s ‘Some Enchanted Evening’, the singer-songwriter legend will be returning to the UK in April 2009 to play songs from throughout his celebrated career with stops at Oxford, Brighton, Cambridge, Southend, Cardiff, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, York and Gateshead.

Art Garfunkel’s upcoming UK tour dates are below. Tickets are on sale from 9am on Friday October 5 and will be available here.

APRIL 2019
Saturday 6 – OXFORD New Theatre
Sunday 7 – BRIGHTON Dome
Tuesday 9 – CAMBRIDGE Corn Exchange
Thursday 11 – SOUTHEND Cliffs Pavilion
Friday 12 – CARDIFF St David’s Hall
Sunday 14 – MANCHESTER Lowry
Monday 16 – LIVERPOOL Philharmonic Hall
Wednesday 17 – BIRMINGHAM Symphony Hall
Thursday 18 – YORK Barbican
Saturday 20 – GATESHEAD Sage

This comes after last month saw Garfunkel’s former songwriting partner Paul Simon deliver an emotional farewell concert.

Explaining the reason behind his decision to play his final concert in Flushing, Simon said: “It feels more like fate than coincidence that I should do the final show on the final tour at Flushing Meadows Corona Park.”

He added: “I could have ridden my bike from home to the park in about 20 minutes when I was a kid. But this is less a goodbye than a farewell. Thank you all for the ride, I had a great time.”