Ariana Grande worried she wouldn't be able to stamp her personality on the song Harry Styles wrote for her.

The 21-year-old singer's second record My Everything includes the track Just a Little Bit of Your Heart, which was penned by the One Direction star. Initially she was worried about doing it injustice as she found the lyrics so beautiful.

"No, I was more intimidated, because he recorded a demo for me so I could learn the song. I was like, 'I don't know if I wanna touch this song! It is so beautiful, the way he sang it, I don't know if I want to make it my own,'" she told British magazine Heat.

Ariana was deeply moved by the track when she first heard it and is very proud of the version that has made it onto her record. She hopes it'll show people there is more to Harry than being a boyband star.

"I was very touched. It's about loving somebody so much that you're willing to share them with somebody else and, like, being OK with that," she said.

"Absolutely. Of course, I had always known him as a vocalist and that's always impressive, but his writing to me is just as good."

Ariana is known for using the social media website Twitter, but insists she isn't on it all the time. She does find it necessary though and feels lucky to have access to her fans in that way.

"There is no regimented part of my schedule, but I go on it when I feel like it. I love having that accessibility to my fans, being able to communicate with them on a personal level. It's something that, like, back in the day Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, and Judy Garland - they couldn't do that. It's very valuable," she explained.