She shared a countdown to the single's release

Ariana Grande is teasing the release of her next single ‘Imagine’ while also sharing details about her new album.

Sharing a countdown clock to her Instagram stories, the singer also tweeted the news. “‘imagine’ thursday night” she wrote. She also tweeted the word ‘imagine’ in Chinese, followed by a love heart.

The ‘Thank U, Next’ pop star also explained the inspirations of her new album, sharing a draft of a tweet to her Instagram stories.

“A lot of this album mourns failed yet important, beautiful relationships in my life (as well as celebrates growth / exploring new independence),” she wrote. “But for those of you asking about imagine: i would say if ‘thank u, next’ = acceptance… ‘imagine’ = denial. hope that makes sense.”

Last week it was revealed that Grande set a new streaming record with her most recent single, ‘Thank U, Next’.

According to the Official Singles Chart, as well as extending her time at Number 1 to five weeks, Grande also sets a new streaming record after earning 14.9 million streams during the first week of December.

Of those streams, 7.9 million came from Grande’s Mean Girls inspired music video, released earlier this month. The video features cameos from Jonathan Bennett, Troye Sivan and Colleen Ballinger.

Grande’s fifth week at number one also means she is the longest female artist to reach the number 1 spot since 2008, with Katy Perry’s ‘I Kissed A Girl’ spending five weeks at the top.

The video for ‘Thank U, Next’ also broke YouTube’s premiere record on its release, with 829,000 fans viewing the video at the same time upon its release.