The singer opened up about the feelings in her upcoming BBC Music special

In her upcoming BBC Music special, Ariana Grande has opened up about her mental health, saying that her anxiety sometimes causes her to feel “guilty.”

Read More: ‘Am I depressed?’ – help and advice on mental health and what to do next

In the special, Grande speaks openly about the issues she has faced saying: “I almost feel guilty that I have it [anxiety] because it’s just in your head and it’s just so crazy how powerful it is.

“You have ups and downs and sometimes you’ll go weeks at a time where you will be crushing it and there will be no anxiety…and then something will happen that can trigger it and then you have a couple of down days.”

Grande urged people to speak about mental issues whilst also revealing that she had a great deal of support from her family and friends.

Grande continued: “The most important thing is to remember that…everybody has this. Talk to your loved ones, reach out to people, especially your fiends online. Reach out to each other.”

Grande recently spilt up from her fiancé Pete Davison. In September, Grande’s former boyfriend Mac Miller passed away in September after he was found unresponsive at his San Fernando Valley home. He is believed to have died from an apparent overdose. He was 26 years old. Grande shared an intimate clip of her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller on her Instagram stories last week (October 23).

Grande has told fans that she’s “ready” to head out on tour in support of her recent album ‘Sweetener’. Fans were unsure whether Grande would go ahead with the shows, following her announcement that she was taking a break from music to focus on her mental health.

Grande also posted on her Instagram stories recently about her difficulties with mental health ahead of a performance in Wicked’s 15-year anniversary show.

Grande wrote: “Can’t believe I almost let my anxiety ruin this for me today…not today Satan! Not tomorrow or the day after either.”