Ariana Grande would rather her boyfriend cheated with another man.

The 21-year-old singer is set to release her second album My Everything on August 22. There's one particular track on the record that speaks to her.

"There is a song called Break Your Heart Right Back which is about a boy that cheats on a girl with another boy.

"It's one of my favourites on the album and it's really funny because I believe it has happened to me. I'm not 100 per cent positive but I'm 99.9 per cent positive," she opened up to British newspaper Metro.

"I would rather he cheats on me with a guy than with a girl any day! If I found out my boyfriend was gay, I would be like, 'OK!' I'd be so relieved."

Ariana has also teamed up with Nicki Minaj and Jessie J for smash hit Bang Bang. The starlet revealed how the collaboration with the US rapper and British singer came about.

"Monte Lipman [music manager] sat me down in his office one day and played it for me with Jessie and Nicki on it," she explained.

"It was the best surprise ever."

Ariana has had several high-profile relationships since entering the limelight. In 2008 she started dating her 13 co-star Graham Phillips, but they split in 2011.

From August 2012 she then dated YouTube sensation Jai Brooks for almost a year. They reunited in May this year but earlier this month it was announced they had parted ways for a second time.

She also dated The Wanted's Nathan Sykes for a brief period towards the end of last year.