"He next to my bed"

Ariana Grande has explained why Mac Miller didn’t feature in the ‘Burn Book’ that appeared in her ‘Thank U, Next’ video.

The Mean Girls inspired clip arrived last Friday, and saw the singer taking a Regina George-esque role, complete with a book featuring memories of her ex-lovers.

But while Pete Davidson and Big Sean made an appearance, Mac seemingly fails to feature – and Grande is keen to point out the reason for this.

“When she flips through the thank u next burn book and pics of her with sean, ricky, pete & mac arrive……………. we had to fucking stan,” the fan wrote.

Instead, Grande revealed that there’s a much more emotional tribute instead.

“M ain’t in the book he next to my bed,” she wrote.

It’s a description that seemingly fits the video too, as Grande sings “Wish I could say thank you to Malcolm, ‘cause he was an angel”, only moments before the book seemingly shuts.

Meanwhile, Grande recently paid tribute to Miller with a sweet throwback photo on Instagram.

In the picture, the pair are snuggled up with a caption reading: “You’re v missed”. The photo was originally posted on Grande’s Facebook page with the caption: “a pie”.

Last month, ‘Thank U, Next’, became the fastest ever song to surpass 100 million Spotify streams, hears the 25-year-old pay homage to her past relationships. Pete Davidson, her former fiancé whom she broke up with in October, is featured in the lyrics as well as Miller and other former boyfriends including Ricky Alvarez.