Singer Ariana Grande has disabled comments on her Instagram following the death of her ex-boyfriend Mac Miller of a rumoured overdose, after fans of the rapper began to blame her for his untimely death.

Before comments were shut down, a quick scan of Grande’s Instagram revealed some pretty upsetting stuff, with remarks like “you lowkey evil” and “it’s your fault” flooding her posts, presumably in reference to her breakup with the rapper.

This type of abuse is always totally uncalled for, and we hope that she is able to take the time she need to grieve for her former boyfriend of two years.

Ariana Grande has not yet publicly commented on Mac Miller’s passing, but a source close to the ‘No Tears Left To Cry‘ singer told Entertainment Tonight that she was “devastated” when she heard the tragic news earlier today, adding:

“Although the two ended their relationship, Ariana always shared a deep connection with Mac and wanted nothing but the best for him. Ariana is very upset … Despite their split, Ariana had always been supportive of his sobriety.”

Before his death, Miller spoke positively of her engagement to comedian Pete Davidson, saying: “The whole thing is a little strange but it’s not negative […] I am happy for her and moving forward with her life just as I’m sure she is with me.”

This week, Grande performed her first UK show since the One Love Manchester benefit concert last year, playing an intimate set at London‘s KOKO.

The 25-year-old performing ten songs from her recent album Sweetener, as well as an a cappella rendition of ‘One More Time‘.