The TV host criticised the girl group for "using nudity to sell records"

Ariana Grande has called out Piers Morgan for slut-shaming Little Mix.

Yesterday (November 20), the TV host originally criticised the girl group for “stealing” the idea to pose naked with words like “ugly”, “fat”, and “irrelevant” across their bodies from Dixie Chicks‘ 2003 Entertainment Weekly cover.

Grande’s mother Joan responded to his tweet, asking: “Honestly what is wrong with you @piersmorgan ? Didn’t your mother ever teach you, if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it! You came for @TheEllenShow yesterday which was disgraceful, she is an angel. @LittleMix today, did you ever hear of paying homage? And..well never mind.”

Morgan replied, calling Ellen DeGeneres a hypocrite for including a segment on her show “drooling over famous men’s bodies” and saying he would prefer Little Mix to “use their talent to sell records rather than their nudity. As your own daughter does…!”

Grande herself then joined in the conversation, speaking out in support of Little Mix. “I use my talent AND my sexuality all the time because I choose to,” she wrote. “women can be sexual AND talented. naked and dignified. it’s OUR choice. & we will keep fighting til people understand. I say this w all due respect but thank u, next.”

In further tweets, she encouraged the British girl group to “keep fighting the fight” and told Morgan she looked “forward to the day you realise there are other ways to go about making yourself relevant than to criticise young, beautiful, successful women for everything they do.” She added: “I think that’ll be a beautiful thing for you and your career or what’s left of it.”

Grande also shared a tweet from Morgan, which included a photo from an old Burger King advert of him sprawled naked in front of a fireplace, with only a piece of red fabric covering him. “when u do it it’s ok tho right?” the pop star commented.

The Good Morning Britain presenter later questioned assessments that his comments were misogynistic. “Why’s it ‘misogynistic’ to suggest female pop stars with millions of young fans shouldn’t use nudity to sell records?” he tweeted. “Most women I’ve spoken to you about this agree with me – especially mothers of young girls.”

Meanwhile, Grande’s latest single ‘Thank U, Next’ became the fastest ever song to surpass 100 million Spotify streams last week.

The milestone was passed in just 11 days, while the track also broke the record for being the most streamed song by a female artist in a single day.