A$AP Rocky takes us through the 'suicidal kinda emotions' of his 'Phoenix' video on 'RapFixLive.'

A$AP Rocky hand-delivered his new video "Phoenix" to "RapFix Live" on Wednesday (November 13), premiering the clip at the top of the show and sticking around to give a little more perspective on one of his most cinematic visuals yet.

With "Phoenix" bearing some of the darkest and most heartfelt lyrics on his debut album Long.Live.A$AP, Rocky explained that it was important for him to communicate that in the video as well.

A$AP Rocky's 'Phoenix' Video Is Meant To Be An 'Art Piece'
"I really wanted people to have a connection with it," he told Sway on "RapFix Live." "I wanted it to not just be your typical video. I wanted people to feel some type of emotion from it, especially with the lyrics being so piercing, and me singing throughout the whole track."

"People don't know that I'm actually singing in the background," he added, clearly a little proud of his vocal skills. "That was different for me. It took me and Danger Mouse five days straight to make the beat from scratch and write the song. When it was finished I felt like it was one of the best songs on the album besides 'Suddenly' and '1 Train."

A$AP Rocky On The Set Of 'Phoenix' Video
Director Francesco Carrozzini (who shot Rocky's Vogue cover) tapped "Boardwalk Empire" actor Michael K. Williams and supermodel Joan Smalls to star in the video as a couple who get into an argument, and see things quickly spiral out of control. The dark moody complements A$AP's verses, one of which finds him dipping into suicidal thoughts.

"Those are natural feelings that we all get sometimes," A$AP explained to MTV News. "You hurt so bad and you're going through so much pain to the point where sometimes you don't even wanna live anymore. That's how a lot of people think, whether we'd like to admit it or not and that's all I was showcasing. It was that emotion...suicidal kinda emotions."