Ane-Brun.jpg

Swedish based Norwegian Ane Brun has announced details of her sixth studio album, When I'm Free, which will be released by her own label, Balloon Ranger Recordings, on September 4, 2015, as a CD, LP and digital download.

The album comes at a busy time for Brun, who has toured constantly throughout the last two years ' in a variety of formations, from full band to solo ' and who also released a Best Of, Songs 2003-2013, and a Rarities album, in 2013, as well as a live album in late 2014. She also co-wrote and scored a UK Top 5 hit (and Dance Chart No. 1) in 2015 with Dr. Kucho! & Gregor Salto featuring Ane Brun 'Can't Stop Playing (Makes Me High)'.

Largely written in her Stockholm studio space, When I'm Free finds Brunemploying new techniques to forge songs that she resolved would feature more rhythm and brass within the same, intimate, warm sound she's always constructed.

Where 2008's Changing Of The Seasons looked to Bonnie Prince Billy's The Letting Go, and 2012's It All Starts With One was inspired by the likes of Ray Lamontagne, Nina Simone and Madonna's Ray Of Light, When I'm Free looks back joyfully to some of the sounds that shaped Brun's youth: DJ Shadow, Charles Mingus and Lauryn Hill, indications of the versatile musical taste she's displayed since she was a child.

For the recording sessions, Brun again worked with Tobias Froberg ' whod handled production duties for It All Starts With One ' but this time took on the role of co-producer, allowing songs time to evolve as they refined the record's defining aesthetic over an almost eight month period in Stockholm's legendary Atlantis Studios, her last album's GIG Studios home and her own studio.

Born of confusion and yet revelling in clear-headedness, When I'm Free represents further musical progression from her early, acoustic songwriting, with Brun sounding more spontaneous and full of life than ever, her growing confidence in her pure-as-a-bell voice and her ever-ripening songwriting taking her to places that will astonish those who still think of her as a delicate troubadour.

UK/IRE live dates

DEC 02 - London, Islington Assembly Hall
DEC 04 - Manchester, Gorilla
DEC 05 - Glasgow, Oran Mor
DEC 07 - Dublin, Vicar St