ADELE has started work on a new album — her first since 2015.

The Hello star, 30, had a meeting about the project earlier this month and will spend much of this summer writing the record.

According to The Sun, she is working towards a release date of Christmas 2019.

Adele’s meeting took place at Sony’s London HQ.

A music insider said: “She’s back in the UK and intends to write here. A number of studio musicians have been approached to work with her and she’s already penned some of the songs.”

Adele, mum to five-year-old Angelo, completed a world tour in 2016 and told fans to expect a long break before her return.

But she performed sold-out concerts in Australia, including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide, last year as part of a 15-month world tour.

She sold an incredible 600,000 tickets during her record-breaking Australian tour.

Her Sydney show on March 10 was seen by 95,000 fans, the biggest single concert in Australian history. She then broke that record the following night with a crowd of more than 100,000.

During the tour, however, the singer announced that she didn’t know if she would ever do it again.

She included a handwritten note into the programs sold at her Wemberley Stadium shows, the last of her tour, that revealed how much she disliked touring.

“Touring is a peculiar thing, it doesn’t suit me particularly well. I’m a real homebody and I get so much joy in the small things,” she wrote.

“Plus, I’m dramatic and have a terrible history of touring. Until now that is!”

Now she will return to the studio sooner than expected.

Adele is one of the world’s top-selling musicians, shifting more 100 million records.

Her 2015 disc 25 went 11 times platinum.

Despite putting her music career on the backburner, Adele has continued to support her fellow artists.

Yesterday Taylor Swift posted a photos of herself with Adele and Harry Potter author JK Rowling backstage at her London show. She captioned the picture, “I’m so grateful for these women, for the words they’ve written and the worlds they’ve created through their art. so stoked to have you at the show in London @adele and JK.”

Adele has also been a vocal Beyonce fan, even complimenting the Lemonade singer during her acceptance speech for Album of the Year at the 2017 Grammys.

“I can’t possibly accept this award, and I’m very humbled, and I’m very grateful and gracious, but the artist of my life is Beyonce,” she said as she teared up.

“And this album to me, the Lemonade album, was just so monumental, Beyonce, so monumental, and so well thought out, and so beautiful and soul-bearing, and we all got to see another side to you that you don’t always let us see.”

She later told reporters: “What the f — k does she have to do to win Album of the Year?”

Adele also shared Instagram posts of herself letting loose and dancing to Beyonce’s Coachella performance earlier this year.