90093.jpg

Adam Lambert finally feels like a "f**king grown-up".

The American Idol graduate may not have won the TV talent show when he competed in 2009, but that hasn't held back his career. As well as being Queen's go-to Freddie Mercury stand in he's also released three albums, the latest of which hit shelves last week.

In track There I Said It, taken from The Original High, 33-year-old Adam calls himself a "grown-ass man", a sentiment he really feels is true.

"For the first time in my life, over the last year or two, I feel like I'm a f**king grown-up!" he laughed to Details magazine. "I definitely have a little dash of Peter Pan syndrome somewhere, where I always have a childlike attitude towards things. But I bought my first house this year, I have a business, I've done a lot for myself, and I've done a lot for my career.

"And all of a sudden, I'm realising: 'You know what? I'm a grown-ass man! I will not be talked to a certain way. I will not be treated a certain way.' Having self-respect is part of that, too. And I've had my ups and downs with that my whole life."

Last month Fox announced American Idol was being axed, with its upcoming 15th season being the last.

Adam is grateful for all he has achieved on the back of the show, but isn't that surprised it will be coming off air.

"I think they had a great run, and I'm very thankful for the show. It launched me and put me on the map. I don't think I would be where I'm at today without Idol. All good things come to an end. That's just how things are," he summarised.