There's also lyrics about Tekashi 6ix9ine

21 Savage has released his much-anticipated new album ‘i am > i was’ and it features a whole host of guest appearances.

Notable additions include Childish Gambino, Migos‘ Offset, Post Malone, Schoolboy Q and J. Cole. The album opens with lyrics about Tekashi 6ix9ine, who was arrested on firearms and racketeering charges last month.

Titled ‘A Lot’, J. Cole raps on the opening track: “Pray for Tekashi / They want him to rot / I picture him inside a cell on a cot / Reflecting on how he made it to the top / Wondering if it was worth it or not.”

Childish Gambino features on ‘Monster’; Schoolboy Q features on ‘Good Day’; City Girls guest on ‘A&T’; Post Malone appears on ‘All My Friends’; Offset guests on ‘1.5’ while Young Nudy features on ‘4L’ and Gunna and Lil Baby appear on ‘Can’t Leave Without It’.

The rapper was scheduled to release ‘i am > i was’ on December 7. When it didn’t drop, 21 later tweeted later that day: “Dam I forgot to drop my album my bad y’all.”

Earlier this month, 21 Savage shared a new song titled ‘Immortal’. It featured on the new trailer for Mortal Kombat 11 which is set for release on April 23.

Meanwhile, the rapper revealed that Drake was the only person to buy him a present for his 24th birthday.

Drake purchased a Ferrari for 21 Savage – “to ride around L.A.” – with the Atlanta-born musician later posting a picture of the gift on Instagram. “He the only one that got me something for my birthday that year,” he told GQ. “Don’t nobody else get me shit but Drake.”