"Danny says we’re living in a simulation But he works in a petrol station".

The 1975 have unveiled the lyrics to new single ‘It’s Not Living If It’s Not With You’.

Ahead of the track’s release on Thursday, NME has received a cryptic release from the band in the post – which confirms an October 18 release and the full lyrics.

It’s the third single from forthcoming album ‘A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships’ and sees the group tackling typically dystopian themes – including the idea that we might just be living in a simulated reality.

“Danny says we’re living in a simulation But he works in a petrol station (selling petrol)He says it all began with his operation And I know you think you’re sly but you need some imagination.”

The track is also anchored by a chorus featuring that eponymous phrase.

“All I do is sit and think about you If I knew what you’d do.Collapse my veins wearing beautiful shoes. It’s not living if it’s not with you.”

It comes after the band unveiled the full video to ‘Love It If We Made It’ – which sees the band featuring images of divisive figures including Harvey Weinstein and Brett Kavanaugh.

Meanwhile, they’ll head out on a huge arena tour next year.

They will hit the road next January for shows at some of the country’s biggest venues – including London’s O2 Arena. Support on that tour also comes from Pale Waves and No Rome.

Check out the tour dates in full below.

The 1975 2019 UK Tour Dates:

January

9 Belfast SSE Arena
10 Dublin 3Arena
12 Glasgow SSE Hydro
14 Cardiff Motorpoint Arena
16 Brighton The Centre
18 London The O2
21 Exeter Westpoint
23 Birmingham Arena
24 Manchester Arena