It arrives on the eve of the release of 'A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships'

The 1975 have released a new performance video of the song ‘102’ – watch the black-and-white-shot, acoustic clip below.

The Manchester four-piece are gearing up for the release of their hotly-anticipated third studio album ‘A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships’, which will arrive at midnight tonight (November 30).

Directed by Giorgio Testi, the new performance clip sees The 1975’s frontman Matty Healy performing ‘102’ – which will feature on the Japanese edition of ‘A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships’ – solo while sat on a sofa in one of the band’s recording studios. The black-and-white clip was shared today (November 29), and you can watch it below.

The 1975 will play an intimate and very much sold-out show in Kingston-upon-Thames tonight ahead of the release of their new record. Prior to the gig, Healy and the promoters of the show warned fans that they would be moved on if they camped out in the queue the night before.

Speaking in a new interview ahead of the release of ‘A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships’, Healy described the band’s current ‘Music For Cars’ “era” of sound to what he called “their Gorillaz moment”.

“I sat myself down and said, ‘Okay, you haven’t told anyone this ending yet, so think about it. Are you willing to sacrifice the reason you get out of bed because you want a good ending at 28 years old?’” Healy recalled. “What I wanted to do was make a load of music. Since I made that decision, I’ve shat myself.”