The band are embarking on an arena tour in January

Matty Healy is teasing a couple of small The 1975 shows before the band head out on their arena tour in 2019.

Last month, the band announced details of a huge UK tour at some of the country’s biggest venues – including London’s O2 Arena.

However, it seems the frontman is keen to treat the band’s fans to a more intimate performance. “2 tiny shows before Christmas,” he tweeted, before adding, “In Southern England (near where I live) I’m not missioning about in December no thankss” See those tweets below.

Replying to a fan who tweeted, “Play New Slang,” the band’s manager asked Healy “should we?”

“Yeah let’s do it and let’s do the Barfly in December,” the frontman replied. You can see those tweets below.

Dates and tickets are yet to be announced.

Earlier this week, Healy publicly apologised to his mum, Coronation Street‘s Denise Welch, for his recent battle with heroin addiction.

Healy previously revealed that he checked into a Barbados rehab clinic ahead of recording The 1975’s upcoming album ‘A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships‘ – with the honest admission coming after he referenced his drug battles on comeback single ‘Give Yourself A Try’.

Speaking in a new interview with Q, Healy said that heroin made him ‘a worse writer, person, friend, partner [and] son’.

“I just want to apologise to my mum,” he said. “You can’t be a parent and have that kind of thing [his drug addiction] out there and not think, “Well, why didn’t I… You think it’s your fault, d’you know what I mean? When it’s completely not.”

In 2016, Healy wrote ‘I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It’ track ‘She Lays Down’ about Welch’s battle with post-natal depression.