Get yourself down the Brighton

The Great Escape have added a massive 100 new names to their line-up for 2019.

Set to take place from May 8-11, the new music showcase festival in Brighton will now welcome new rising acts across all genres with the likes of AJ Tracey, Greentea Peng, Mykki Blanco, Priests, Sports Team, Yves Tumor among many more, while Easy Life and Kara Marni have been announced to support the Spotlight Show for Lewis Capaldi.

There are still 300 acts to be announced across the multi-venue festival in the months ahead. Visit here for the full line-up, tickets and more information.

They joined the previously announced names from the First Fifty, including Millie Turner, Connie Constance, Indoor Pets, Pip Blom, Skynd, Self Esteem, Jockstrap, The Howl and The Hum, Crack Cloud and Kawala.

Speaking to NME about her rise to acclaim while completing school, Millie Turner said: “It’s been a very interesting two years because it’s like having two lives. Like a mundane life that’s very normal and then something completely different and it’s like trying to balance the two in a way that isn’t too insane.

“But yeah I’m glad that I did do school though because it’s very tempting just to give up and go into music and do it 100% because it’s gone so well. But I’m really glad I managed to finish my A-levels. Let’s just hope I get the grades.”