The Apple Watch is expected to receive a small refresh later this month, when Apple is likely to present some new bands created with partners around the world, but there’s no doubt that everyone’s waiting for the second generation.

And there’s a reason for that: the Apple Watch is too much of a compromised product, as it comes with very few customization options, only a handful of faces, and features that are limited from the very beginning.
Only band differences? That’s not right That’s why Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak thinks that the Apple Watch is the kind of product that the “original” Apple would have never built, explaining in an AMA session on reddit that there are just too many versions of the device on the market with too few differences between them.
“I worry a little bit about - I mean I love my Apple Watch, but - it's taken us into a jewelry market where you're going to buy a watch between $500 or $1100 based on how important you think you are as a person. The only difference is the band in all those watches. Twenty watches from $500 to $1100. The band's the only difference?” Wozniak said in a comment on reddit.
“Well this isn't the company that Apple was originally, or the company that really changed the world a lot. So it might be moving, but you've got to follow, you know. You've got to follow the paths of where the markets are.”
There’s no doubt that he is right because, no matter if you purchase the Apple Watch Sport or the gold edition, you get almost the same features - obviously, leaving aside the very expensive materials used on the latter. But most of the time, it’s all about the bands, and Apple has really managed to do a great job here, as buying new bands, either genuine or created by third-parties around the world, is the thing that almost every owner does.
The second-generation Watch is expected to bring much more than that, but details are very scarce right now, with people with knowledge of the matter saying that a possible debut is expected in September together with the iPhone 7.