If you’re living in London, you’ve probably spotted the street ads that Microsoft has come to in order to promote Lumia, Windows Phone, and Cortana, but in the east end of Glasgow, the company has been using one message that can hardly be targeting any audience in the area.

“Cortana can remind you to see if James is up for the cricket this weekend,” a Cortana ad that also includes a photo of a Lumia 640 with Cortana running and setting up a reminder saying “Ask him if he’s up for the cricket” reads.

While there’s nothing really special about this ad because we all know Cortana’s personal assistant capabilities, there’s something strange that only local residents can spot.

As Twitter user Chris told Microsoft in a message, nobody in the east end of Glasgow can say that, pretty much because cricket isn’t really that popular in the area.
There, I fixed it

Microsoft, however, managed to pull itself out of this bad moment and actually replaced the ad with something that’s as funny as it is ingenious.

“We weren’t kidding when we said Cortana was personal,” the tweet posted by Microsoft UK 13 days later reads. The tweet also includes a photo with the same street ad, which was changed in the meantime and which now reads, “Cortana, next time I speak with Chris, remind me not to mention the cricket.”

Microsoft certainly found the cleverest way to get out of this, especially because, in the very beginning, it was pretty clear that someone at the company didn’t make their homework and didn’t know the local targeted audience at all. Fortunately, Redmond replied with the best answer it could provide, so it’s all fine now after this little blunder.

Microsoft-Changes-Lumia-Street-Ad-After-Promoting-Cricket-in-an-Area-Where-Nobody-Plays-It-48472.jpg