Mark Zuckerberg says his personal goal for 2016 is to build "a simple AI" to run his home, kind of like Iron Man's J.A.R.V.I.S.

The Facebook CEO gives himself a personal challenge at the start of each year, and this year's theme is invention. He'll start by exploring already available technology and teach himself to use that. From there, Zuckerberg will move on to voice control, using it to "control everything in our home—music, lights, temperature, and so on."

His AI butler will, ideally, read guests' faces when they ring the doorbell and let them in automatically. He wants the AI to be able to function without explicit instructions from him or his wife, Priscilla Chan.

"I'm very interested in using voice and face recognition to set lights and temperture, as well as depending on who is in what room," he writes in the comments. "For example, I like rooms colder than Cilla, but it's possible to just see who is in what room and adjust the temperatures automatically."

Zuckerberg's Jarvis will also be helpful as a nanny, as he intends to "teach it to let [him] know if anything is going on in Max's room that I need to check on when I'm not with her."

With work, he says, the AI will also help him "visualize data in VR to help [him] build better services and lead [his] organizations more effectively."

The Zuckerbergs certainly have the money to create this kind of technology. Early in December, after the birth of their daughter Max, the couple vowed to give away 99% of their Facebook shares throughout their lifetime; and that's worth around $46 billion.