There was a time when Microsoft and Linux users just couldn’t get along and undoubtedly, there still are users on both sides that can’t stand each other. But at the same time, Microsoft is increasingly focusing on the Linux world, and the latest announcement that SQL Server would arrive on Linux is living proof.

Bill Gates, the man who founded the software empire and who’s now just a technical adviser to CEO Satya Nadella, so he’s more or less involved in the making of every important decision for the company, said during an AMA discussion on Reddit that Microsoft is trying to adapt to the changing market and focusing more on Linux is the right thing to do.
“I think it shows Satya looking at how the market is changing and being willing to change how things have been done. His embrace of the cloud and mobile including doing software on other people's mobile platforms are also great examples of that,” he said.
Microsoft announced yesterday plans to bring SQL Server relational database management system (RDBMS) to Linux kernel-based operating systems, with the first rollout to take place in 2017.
Bill Gates for President? Nope. Gates, who’s one of the world’s leading philanthropists, also explained why he isn’t running for president (if Donald Trump can do it, redditors believe that Gates not only that would become a top candidate, but he could also win the elections).
“I like my current job at the Foundation better than I would being President. Also I wouldn't be good at doing what you need to do to get elected. I thought Michael Bloomberg was thoughtful about why it didn't make sense for him to try and run even though he is a great executive,” he said.
In other words, Bill Gates prefers to focus on his charity work for the moment, so running for president is not on his agenda for the moment. And the chances are that it will never be.